18.7.09

beach b0dies



Here are some sketches that I did last Fall while visiting Los Angeles. A friend and I went to Venice Beach and just went out, sat down and enjoyed the surf and sand. As I was sitting there I realized that most of the people started to look a lot like they were part of the horizon. In fact, there seemed to be very little difference between legs, faces and sand. In deed, these people were part of the setting, they were the context.

Thinking back these are indelibly connected to the ideas behind the face sketches I did on the train. Those faces are not just random people sitting on the train, but rater the life-blood of the city. They too, are the context to which I feel architecture must most readily respond to. Both of these sets are also linked very intriguingly to a project Jeff Nesbit and I did just before we left Lubbock. I think you al have seen those profiles, but I can post them here, too if you'd like. Later, I will tell you more about the faces on the trains. For now, here are the beach profiles I did quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Nason! Pls post work drom Lubbock you and nezzy worked on together.

    ReplyDelete