15.8.09

Making Stuff

Well, it has been a long time since I have posted on here. Wonder if I even remember how...

After seeing Jeremy out in SF last week and discussing our work, I was encouraged to post more evidence of the work I have been doing. So this begins a series of posts showing fabrication work done in the past three months.

Most recently, I just finished fabricating a trio of skis for an artist looking for help laminating wood together for an interactive installation she will be showing soon. The build required the fabrication of a mold to laminate the wood layers together. Below are some shop drawings of the mold. I will post more pictures up this week of the process and final skis... Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. NICE! What type of wood are you using? I know you told me but I forgot ... would be great to hear more of the process and see some pics as you make these skis ... keep us updated on your progress! very nice to see that you are fabricating work.

    ReplyDelete