17.9.09

My Trip In the Desert

This is one of the sketches i did after a short trip to the town of Real de Catorce. We spent a weekend in and around the area exploring. We got pretty far from anything that one would call civilization. I bought gas that was poured into my jeep with a metal pail and a funnel. It was an enchanted place and i think that some of the energy from that adventure found its way onto my page. We ended up camping in a valley where the magic cactus grows. I would like to eventually add some color to the pages and maybe eventually redo it to clean up the overall composition a little better.

2 comments:

  1. This works real well on a density level. I suggest you clean it up and reproduce it on a larger medium. That was you can keep the density but increase the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. i think this sketch works well as a first step. Add in a little more composition and color, as well as fiddle with the density and scale of some parts to produce something really cool... finding time would also be nice.

    ReplyDelete